This sensor solves many of the problems people experience with non-contact inductive probes.
Inductive probes work great for us – we both use and sell them all the time. Unfortunately they do require a metal surface to probe, also are also sensitive to heat.
This probe works by extending down and physically touching the bed surface – whatever surface that may be. Bed material doesn’t matter, and neither does temperature (within reason).
- Probe/Sensor with attached wiring – one 2-pin and one 3-pin 2.54mm (0.1″) female connector
- Bag of parts:
- Resistor (needed to adapt to some printers)
- 2 small machine screws with nuts and washers (useful for probe mounting)
- spare connectors and pins
- Instruction sheet – this probe may require some online research to install on your printer, please be prepared.
- Plastic case – surprisingly nice considering the probe will probably never go back in it.
This is not a “plug-and-play” modification for most printers. It will likely require a custom or semi-custom (see Thingiverse) mount for your printer, knowledge of the pinout of your controller board, and potentially firmware modifications (this is usually fairly simple though).
Fast, FREE shipping to the USA, and APO addresses.
We ship same or next business day.